Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine:
Our Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
HCRM is dedicated to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. HCRM has policies and guidelines in place aligned with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local and state health authorities to help prevent the spread of illness. We are also adhering to recent guidelines that have been published by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) regarding the treatment of current and new patients.
Please review the new procedures we have put into place at HCRM:
1. All patients will receive a phone call 24-48 hours prior to the appointment and complete a prescreening questionnaire with questions regarding their travel history in the past 14 days and the presence of respiratory symptoms (fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) within the past 14 days.
- A patient will be rescheduled if he/she has any symptoms listed.
- A patient may be rescheduled based on his/her travel history.
2. All patients and visitors will complete the same prescreening questionnaire with a HCRM staff member prior to entering the clinic on the day of the appointment. Please allow for an extra 5 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the prescreening. It is possible that a patient may need to reschedule his/her appointment based on symptoms or travel history.
3. HCRM requests that patients come to the clinic unaccompanied, leaving their partners/support waiting for them at home or in their vehicles when feasible. We request that patients do not bring children to their appointment.
4. With the use of Telemedicine, we hope to continue to provide care to our new and current patients.
5. HCRM will reduce the frequency of clinic appointments during treatment cycle monitoring.
6. HCRM will frequently enforce infection control processes within the clinic, including good hand washing hygiene, frequent disinfecting of patient rooms and surfaces, and social distancing.
We at HCRM appreciate your ongoing support as we work together and do our part to "flatten the curve." Please contact our office at (402) 717-4200 for more information or any questions.
For current travel advisories and up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s COVID-19 website.